My Creations

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Take a Hike

This two page layout features Kaisercraft's "What a Hoot" collection, as well as their pearls, rhinestones, flowers, and clear stamps. I 'fussy cut' the tree and owl out and then hand sewed around the branches and leaves to add texture. I also added dimension by using foam squares. I did some machine sewing around the large photo to create a frame, as well as on the seam of the papers. The title was cut out of the Kaisercraft's Brood paper using a custom font from my SCAL software on my Cricut. The tags, little owls, and scallops were cut out of the Owlish paper, while the small trees were cut out of the Brood paper. Journalling was along the top of the photos as well as in the journalling box. detail of the hand sewing....
detail of the machine sewing...

15 comments:

Laura Pierce said...

I absolutely love your scrapbooking. This one of the owls is a perfect page.

Naddy said...

Beautiful LO cheryl...

Mary said...

These pages are beautiful, Cheryl.
All of the details you put into them really are eye-catching. You certainly have patience!

Jocelyn said...

So cute!!! Love the owls!!! Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment!!! Have a wonderful weekend!!!

Maureen said...

Loving the colors the trees the owls.....love love love it!!!

Pamela said...

I love it Cheryl! Very cool!

Michele Brooks said...

Love everything about this page! Beautiful, Cheryl!

phamil said...

Love those beautiful photos and they go perfectly with that awesome collection!

Staci said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day, cheryl! What an awesome layout - great 2 pager! I was eyeing that paper line at my LSS the other day - it's so cute!

Maria Matter said...

Cheryl, this is amazing! So many wonderful elements!
Whenever I see such a beautiful LO it makes me want to pull out my scrpbkg supplies again...stamping and cardmaking has totally taken over!
Thank you for sharing...a lovely inspiration!
Blessings, Maria

Theresa said...

Hi Cheryl, thanks for the comment on my layout.. I haven't visited your site lately.. That Kaiser double pager is so cute.. i have that paper too.. can't wait to use it. =)

Tanya said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! Your work is amazing - love what you did with the HOOT papers!! :)

Beth Perry said...

Gorgeous pages!! I love the tree on the one and the pics are beautiful!
yeah, and I am sooo loving that mini tag album below. That is really cool! ;P
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Have a good Monday!
B

Quoizel said...

These are absolutley adorable scrapbook pages. Thanks for sharing.

Jen said...

1 word: "WOW"