My Creations

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Miss Priss

This has got to be one of my favorite layouts that I have done!! I just love all the little details - the key and lock, butterfly wings, crystal stick pin, and even a real postage stamp and playing card!! The paper is from a wonderful company called Collage Press. I ripped parts of the paper and put some pink paper behind it to give it more of a shabby chic look. I stamped the clocks with Heidi Swapp stamps and then then embossed them with different colors of Pearl Ex to give them a sheer shimmer. I painted some Tim Holtz grungeboard and covered it with glitter, pearl, and crackle paint. The layout was finished off by weaving lace and sequins around all the Prima flowers and adding rhinestones. The title was cut using my Cricut and the Sure Cuts a Lot software. I love that software - it allows me to download free fonts from the internet and cut them with my Cricut!! I can even weld letters together in the software, like I did below. As a finishing touch, I covered the letters in Stickles to add more glitter to the page.
Below is a close up of the postage stamp, crystal stick pin and clusters of flowers.


This is the close up of the paper tearing, calendar, and grungeboard. The little silver "frame" was actually the container lid from some Prima flowers that I had purchased!





16 comments:

Janna said...

THis is just so adorable!!! I can definitely see why it is your favorite. All the embellishments really highlight the picture!!

Happy Holidays,
Janna

Allison said...

Gorgeous layout...great use of white space and embellies!

Sweet Marie said...

OMG love your blog. And this LO is the most adorable one ever.

Jess said...

Your layout is gorgeous, I love all the details you did amongst the flowers. Oh and your daughter is adorable! :)

jakey said...

The details on this work are amazing! It's beautiful.

jakey xx

jakey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen Hanim said...

Absolutely beautiful!
Great idea for that little container. I have one just like it and didn!t know what to do with it as it is just too cute to throw away!

Tina said...

Incredibly pretty! Love all the details.

Corie said...

WOW -- what a masterpiece. I am always in AWE of all your pages.

2 Worlds said...

what a beautiful layout !

david santos said...

Good Year of 2009!

lisyanthus said...

romantic & beautiful
I just love it

Pamela said...

This is awesome! I love it!

Sue said...

this is absolutely gorgeous! :)

DomesticDivasFancy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love all of your work on your page. I love too how your pictures show a close up detail.

Naddy said...

gorgeous gorgeous LO!!!!!!!!! such a sweet LO...