My Creations

Friday, November 23, 2007

Black Friday, My Birthday, and BLOG CANDY!!!

Black Friday is my favorite day of the year! I love getting up early and going shopping with my mom to get all the best deals! I just got back and my Christmas shopping is done!! Tomorrow is my birthday...I'll be 33.

Last year, my birthday landed on Black Friday, but I was unable to go shopping. I had just gotten out of the hospital after having major abdominal surgery for Crohn's Disease. It was a horrible surgery - I lost 18 pounds in one week and it took me 5 months to recover. For those of you that don't know what Crohn's is, it is an Infammatory Bowel Disease associated with fevers, severe abdominal pain, and chronic diarrhea. Although my disease is finally in remission, I have a 98% chance that it will return...usually within 2 years of having surgery. The worst part is that my darling 2 year old daughter has a 25% chance of developing Crohn's herself.

So while I'm healthy, I am doing everything I can to raise funds for cure. This spring I will be participating in a walk sponsored by the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA - http://www.ccfa.org/), and my goal is to raise $1,000 in pledges. However, this pledge sign-up has an incentive...for every dollar that you pledge, you will get put into a blog candy drawing for OVER $100 worth of Altering, Cardmaking, and Scrapbooking items!!!

That means if you pledge $1, you get one entry in the drawing; a $20 pledge means your name goes into the hat 20 times (etc. etc.)!! Here's a photo of the prize:


If you would like to make a pledge, please go to: http://www.active.com/donate/takestepsMK07/CKelly-1

Every dollar is deeply appreciated! To see how your donation gets used, please visit http://www.ccfa.org/about/spend.

Payton will draw a name from a hat on Dec. 24...Christmas Eve!!


THANKS!!!

9 comments:

Corinna is Stamptopia.com said...

Sweet candy! I'm sorry about the chrohns.. I used to work for a company called coloplast, so I know about what it could mean for people.

Your comment on my site has the wrong blog address, so I will change it for you!

Angel Wilde said...

My brother has Crohn's and I know what havoc it can wreak. I am glad you are in remission and I hope it stays that way for you!!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday, Cheryl! I hope you had a good one! You've got some sweet blog candy.

Shannon McGann said...

Happy Birthday, Cheryl! Enjoy your day.

Libby said...

Happy Birthday! I just contributed $10 - good luck meeting your goal! My mom has suffered from Crohn's too, I'm sorry you've had to go through this! BTW... I'm an engineer-turned-SAHM mom too! :-)

Laura V. said...

What an awesome idea!! I'll definitely be donating!!

Corinna is Stamptopia.com said...

Happy belated Birthday, too!

Robin (Tqmnurse) said...

Happy Belated birthday! I have been donating to this foundation for a couple of years as my son has UC (ulcerative colitis)....I won't be able to donate any more this year as his medical bills have surmounted again....
I'm so glad that you are recoving from your surgery and crohn's and will keep you in my prayers!
Blessings
Robin

L8ybug2 said...

I'm always happy to donate to a worthy cause and this one is just that. My donation has been made. Blessings to you and your family.
Rita